Min menu

Pages

Oti Mabuse quits Strictly Come Dancing after seven years as a professional dancer



 Oti Mabuse quits BBC Strictly Come Dancing after seven years as she's flooded with messages from co-stars

The professional dancer and ITV Dancing On Ice big name confirmed the news in an Instagram submit on Tuesday morning

Oti Mabuse

Love a piece of cheeky superstar goss? Share your email to get showbiz information, gossip and rumours from the MEN

We use your sign-up to offer content material in ways you have consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This can also include adverts from us and 3rd parties based totally on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More data

Oti Mabuse has announced she is leaving Strictly Come Dancing after seven years.


The expert dancer confirmed the news in an Instagram put up on Tuesday morning following fanatics' fears she would not go back.

Oti, who's currently a choose on Dancing On Ice, shared images from her  prevailing moments on the show in addition to snaps alongside all her celebrity companions over time.

She gained the Glitterball trophy in two consecutive years with Emmerdale superstar Kelvin Fletcher and comedian Bill Bailey.

READ MORE: BBC Strictly Come Dancing superstar almost gave up 'stunning existence' in UK before groundbreaking collection

Oti said it isn't always 'smooth' to say goodbye and stated it turned into a 'hard' selection to depart the BBC One hit.

"Never clean to mention good-bye," she started her publish to her lots of followers.

"I have been part of the maximum tremendous TV show, Strictly Come Dancing for the beyond seven years and it has been an first-rate time. Lifting the glitter ball twice and having the high-quality adventure with all my celebrities, however additionally meeting and working with the first-rate crew, team, manufacturers, celebs and terrific expert dancers!

"You are my circle of relatives and I adore you all for all time. Thank you @sarahjamesface @jack.Will.G and @jasongilkiso n for genuinely believing in me."

She went on: "I’m certainly so thankful to The BBC and will usually remember that Strictly and BBC introduced me to the UK - which I now name home and I actually have learnt and grown so much. - Thank You from the bottom of my coronary heart.

Oti on Strictly remaining year (Image: PA)

"I can’t put in to words how hard this decision has been, but I actually have decided now not to go back for the next collection."

Oti went on to mention: "Dance will usually be my past love and to everybody, my family specifically, buddies, strictly fans and judges who have been my assist throughout my strictly journey, thanks for being incredible!

"You are irreplaceable in my heart and feature made everyday unforgettable! I love you."

She ended her emotional post: "I will continually Keeeep Dancing! And I will in no way forget my awesome Strictly revel in!

"Lots of Love Oti xxx @bbcstrictly @bbc."


Sarah James, Executive Producer of Strictly Come Dancing stated in a statement: "Oti has been a without a doubt outstanding part of Strictly for the past seven years.

"Her electricity, creativity and talent have contributed to so some of the display’s maximum memorable moments and she might be extremely neglected, not best through visitors, but the whole crew.

"She leaves a dazzling legacy behind her, as the handiest expert dancer to lift the Glitterball Trophy in  consecutive years.

"We couldn’t be prouder of Oti and what she has carried out on the display. She will always be on the very coronary heart of our Strictly family and we want her every fulfillment in her already bright future."

Oti is now a judge on Dancing On Ice (Image: ITV)

Oti's Strictly co-stars were quickly flooding the put up with messages.

Reigning champ Giovanni Pernice said: "Good good fortune for the destiny queen."

"It’s time to fly child lady! I am so happy with you fearless, courageous and so looking ahead to seeing your goals come real," sister and Strictly choose Motsi Mabuse wrote.

Porfessional dancer Graziano Di Prima commented: "My pal!! I’m gonna omit you so so much!! You're a megastar my darling!! I had the delight to proportion the degree with you!!"

Reactions

Comments