Min menu

Pages

The Crushing Loneliness: Lauren Goodger Opens Up About Grief, Depression, and Rebuilding Her Life




The Crushing Loneliness: Lauren Goodger Opens Up About Grief, Depression, and Rebuilding Her Life

Lauren Goodger, the 37-year-old reality TV star from TOWIE, has bravely opened up about the crippling loneliness she's been facing since the tragic passing of her newborn daughter, Lorena, in July 2022. Lorena's umbilical cord was wrapped around her neck, and she passed away just minutes after birth.

This devastating loss is only one of several traumas Goodger has endured in recent years. The death of her ex-boyfriend, Jake McLean, and the split from her children's father, Charles Drury, have further compounded her grief.

In a candid interview on Paul C Brunson's "We Need To Talk" podcast, Goodger broke down in tears as she spoke of the immense isolation she feels. With a choked voice, she revealed, "She's [Larose] all I've got. She's literally all I've got and she's the only person that I love."


The lack of emotional support from friends and family has only intensified her pain. "I used to have a lot of people, now I haven't got anyone and I don't know why," she confessed to Brunson. "My life has got worse and worse and on top of it, it's like life stresses as well. I haven't been left alone."


Financial difficulties have added another layer of burden to Goodger's already heavy load. "I'm still carrying on, but how long am I going to carry on for? How do I get through it? Because I have no choice," she tearfully expressed.


Despite her internal struggles, Goodger remains fiercely determined to be a strong and positive presence for her remaining daughter, Larose. "I will never let Larose see how unhappy I am," she stated. "I put on a cheerful mum persona and enjoy days out with the youngster."


The interview also shed light on the complex nature of grief. Goodger revealed that she had "rushed through" the initial grieving period to focus on Larose. However, the lack of support has now led her to crave a sense of normalcy in her life.


Goodger also touched on her desire for love and companionship. "I've not been with anyone, because I'm not ready. Because there's work I need to do on myself, it's got to be right for Larose, and also, I am Lauren. I need that, I need to be in love. If I can't get it from my family and friends, I need to make a new home unit. That's why I am thinking that I need to be ready to start dating," she admitted.


Lauren's story is a stark reminder of the profound impact grief and loneliness can have on a person's mental and emotional well-being. It also highlights the crucial role of strong support systems in helping individuals navigate through life's challenges.


The article concludes by mentioning that this isn't the first time Goodger has spoken out about feeling abandoned. Last month, she revealed that after Lorena's death, "everyone vanished" from her life. This further underscores the depth of her loneliness and the importance of fostering strong social connections, especially during difficult times.

Gemini may display inaccurate info, including about people, so double-check its responses. Your privacy & Gemini AppsOpens in a new window


Reactions

Comments