Min menu

Pages

Hoda Kotb and Joel Schiffman End Engagement, Split After 8 Years Together



Hoda Kotb and Joel Schiffman End Engagement, Split After eight Years Together

January 31, 2022

Hoda Kotb and Joel Schiffman

Patrick McMullan/Patrick McMullan via Getty Images

Hoda Kotb and Joel Schiffman have ended their eight-year romance. The former couple, who got engaged in November 2019, are transferring forward as friends and parents to their daughters, four-12 months-vintage Haley and a pair of-12 months-antique Hope. 


"People have written in and asked why I wasn't sporting my engagement ring," Kotb shared on Monday's Today With Hoda & Jenna. "Joel and I actually have had, we have had a whole lot of prayerful and really meaningful conversations over the holidays, and we decided that we're higher as friends and mother and father than we are as an engaged couple." 


The fifty seven-12 months-vintage morning show anchor shared that she and Schiffman are now not a couple going into this new 12 months.


"We decided that we're going to begin this New Year and begin it on our new path, as loving dad and mom to our lovely, pleasant youngsters and as friends," she stated. "It's not like something occurred. They say that sometimes relationships are meant to be there for a cause or a season or for a lifetime, and I experience like ours became intended to be there for a season."



Kotb admitted to suffering with the declaration, adding, "This is weird and awkward. I truely became suffering with this. I became like, 'What do I say, how do I say it?' But I feel like often we proportion the joyous portions of our lifestyles... And then the difficult element from time to time you need to forget approximately. You want to erase them, you don't need to share them due to the fact this is not part of a pretty picture. But I assume quite a few ladies know what this feels like on this moment, to be changing path in lifestyles. And I experience in reality brave in this second, I simply do."

After revealing the repute of her dating with Schiffman, Kotb informed her co-host, Jenna Bush Hager, "I experience relieved that I said it. I feel higher."

As for Schiffman, Kotb has nothing however admiration for her ex. "He's a splendid guy. He's a completely type and loving man or woman, and I feel privileged to have spent eight years with him," she shared. 

In October 2020, Kotb spread out to ET about thinking about adopting a 3rd toddler with Schiffman. 

"We puzzled, you already know, would our circle of relatives be better with some other toddler? Do we have sufficient love, do we have enough time, you understand, will we be a higher family unit? And the solution to all those questions seems to be 'Yes, we would be,'" she said at the time. 

When pronouncing her breakup, Kotb did not mention whether or not she and Schiffman nevertheless deliberate on adopting a 3rd child collectively. 

Reactions

Comments