Min menu

Pages

Comedy legend Jethro dies aged 73 after contracting Covid-19



Comedy legend  Jethro bites the dust matured 73 subsequent to contracting Covid-19

Jethro passed on of Covid-19 (Picture: Rex Features)

Parody legend Jethro has kicked the bucket at 73 years old subsequent to contracting Covid-19.


The news was declared on his authority Facebook page, with an assertion perusing: 'It is with enormous trouble that we report the death of the notable and famous Cornish comic Jethro.

'Sadly Jethro died on fourteenth December 2021 subsequent to contracting Covid-19.

'Jethro leaves behind his life accomplice Jennie, children Jesse and Lanyon, step little girl Sarah, girl in-law Stacey and obviously his much adored grandkids.

'We ask that you regard our protection at this extremely tragic time and give us untouched to lament.

'We will keep on supporting each other in the information that our lives won't ever go back without him.'

Jethro – genuine name Geoffrey Rowe – first made his name as an artist and humorist, visiting bars and clubs and fostering his demonstration.

He showed up yet was most popular for his live satire (Picture: REX/Shutterstock)

His first TV appearance was in 1990 on the Des O'Connor Show, with the star then, at that point, proceeding to include in Jim Davidson's shows.

In 2001, Jethro showed up on the Royal Variety Show, and he additionally claimed his own parody club, which shut in 2012.

He was most popular for his live parody, with him already saying he would sell out 250,000 auditorium situates a year.

Simply last year, Jethro declared he would be resigning from live parody.

He said at that point: 'I believe it's an ideal opportunity to hang up my Mic. It's been a hard choice, But my memory has made it more straightforward for me.

'I will respect every one of my dates booked in, yet as of the finish of December I will don't really be working my performance center visits.

'An incredible enormous thank-you to everybody that has come to see me in the course of the most recent 50 years, I'm certain I delighted in you're organization more than you partook in mine'.

Jokester Jim Davidson was among those honoring him, tweeting: 'My old buddy Jethro has left us. Tear Jethro, you will be extraordinarily missed.'

Satire impressionist Danny Posthill was additionally among those offering recognition on Twitter: 'I recall when I initially began showing a premium in parody and I used to purchase stand-up shows on VHS with my paper round cash.

'Lee Evans, Chubby Brown, Jim Davidson, Jimmy Jones and Jethro. Unfortunately today one of those legends have left us. Tear Jethro. A debt of gratitude is in order for the chuckles.'

One fan likewise shared their deplorability: 'This is so exceptionally tragic. You purchased such a lot of giggling into such countless people groups lives. Tear Jethro, exceptional.'

One more added: 'I'm so pitiful to hear this, genuine parody virtuoso. Sympathies to all his family.'

One more said: 'So miserable news an extraordinary man and magnificent satire virtuoso R.I.P.'

Reactions

Comments