Min menu

Pages

Will Smith has thirty new songs recorded, including “six or seven that I really like.”

Will Smith will have no shortage of tracks for his return to music. Speaking with Beats 1 Radio in a new interview, the actor/rapper said that he has thirty new songs recorded, including “six or seven that I really like.”

Smith added, “I have so many things I want to say, and I’m struggling to say them in a way that fit the flavor of music I tend to like,” added Smith. “I’m from the era where it’s 16 bars and hook, 16 bars and hook, bridge, hook, and out.”

When asked about the recent success of older rap artists, he told Zane Lowe, “This is like the first real generation of hip-hop artists that are turning 40 and 50 and want to keep spitting. I guess 40 is the new 30 at least. 50 might be the new 30 right now!”

Smith released his first new track in a decade, a remix of Bomba Estéreo’s “Fiesta,” last week.
Reactions

Comments