Min menu

Pages

Daniel Radcliffe photos 2012 as he admits 'I'm a serial monogamist'

Daniel Radcliffe photos 2012 as he admits 'I'm a serial monogamist' 

All grown up: Daniel Radcliffe has certainly shaken off his childhood Harry Potter image in his latest photo shoot for Esquire magazine

The 22-year-old smoulders as he chats about being offered sex by fans, his battle with alcohol addiction, and why he's a committed one-woman man.  

He reveals: 'I’m a serial monogamist. I’m not one of those people that can date loads of people at the same time, it’s all too complicated.'
He's one of the most recognisable film stars in the world, and following the juggernaut that was the Harry Potter franchise, is now fronting a new, grown-up movie, The Woman In Black.

But despite his astonishing success, Daniel Radcliffe hasn't quite been considered heartthrob material before now.

However if his latest photo shoot with Esquire magazine is anything to go by, it shouldn't be long before he is.

Daniel certainly doesn't lack for offfers however, as he continues: 'I recently had this woman who wrote to me a couple of times, offering sex. She didn’t say it explicitly, but she said, "This is my hotel room number, I will be sitting in row C, seat 26 and wearing a red scarf."'


Object of lust: Radcliffe describes how he has been offered sex from female fans

He is modest about his physical attributes however, saying: 'I’m 5ft 5in, so no one gives me a second glance. And New Yorkers are quite blasé about celebrities, anyway.'

It is apparent that Daniel does not take his career for granted, as he says: 'I’m trying to challenge myself. If there’s not a certain amount of fear – a voice saying, ‘you can’t do that’ – then I don’t really have anything to really push against.'

'Just because I worked for 10 years doesn’t mean that I’m 10 years ahead. I’m probably no better or worse than the average actor coming out of drama school at this point.'


Modest: Daniel says that he has 'no idea' how much money he has, but that no actor deserves to earn 'that' much

'I have no idea how much money I’ve got. Do I deserve it? F*** no! No actor does. But at the same time, you wouldn’t turn it down, would you?'

Nevertheless, he rebuffs naysayers criticising his latest effort Women In Black, protesting: 'There’s all these articles about the film saying, ‘still dealing with ghosts, I see...’ And you just think, ‘Christ you’re f**king lazy!’ Saying the ghosts in Potter are like the ghosts in The Woman in Black is like saying by doing [upcoming high-school drama] The Perks of Being a Wallflower, Emma’s still just playing a teenage girl.'

The young actor has revealed in the past that he battled a secret alcohol addiction while filming Harry Potter.

Though he says he never drank on set due to a fear of being caught, Daniel divulges  that when he got home he would start. 'Then I’d get bored and go out, and by that point, I was one drink away from blacking out.”


Read the full interview with Dan in the March issue of Esquire, out on Thursday


Naked again! Daniel is to revisit his Equus experience by baring all for John Krokidas-directed play Kill Your Darlings

Source : http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz
Reactions

Comments